6.23.2003

Affirmative action: if you're looking for a good round-up of the day's commentary, Larry Solum has compiled an excellent set of resources.

Given that so much has already been said, I've decided not to blog about the substance of the Grutter and Gratz decisions. But I will say that these are the first landmark cases to come down since I started law school. As the excitement passes, I'm looking forward to seeing how the career of these cases develops. One of my professors mentioned to me today that the first major case decided after he started law school was Miranda. It must have been something to watch the legacy of that case expand and unfold. I don't know that Grutter will have the same sort of longevity, but for those of us just entering the legal world, I'm sure it'll be a case we watch with similar interest and concern.

No comments: